Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Action for Cheetahs in Kenya (ACK)!
Our project is looking for volunteers who are passionate about wildlife conservation. Action For Cheetahs projects include habitat monitoring and modeling, community education and awareness, and community development. Our research, education and community programmes are conducted in affiliation with Cheetah Conservation Fund and Kenya Wildlife Service.
Volunteer opportunities fall under the following categories:
Non-academic – general volunteer who is not affiliated with a school or University – this can be a professional person (veterinarian, marketing or education professional, etc.) who would like a volunteer experience or to use their skills to assist in Action For Cheetahs field work or community programs.
Read more .… General Volunteer Information
For more volunteer information and application materials please contact Alysa Hansen ( firstname.lastname@example.org).
Non-thesis volunteer affiliated with a school or university, or a recent graduate, looking to gain skills in specific research, education/awareness or community development.
You qualify for an internship if your coursework and interest is in:
- habitat monitoring and modeling, ecology or zoology;
- community education and awareness, community conservation, environmental management; and/or
- community development, holistic rangeland management, social ecology, environmental policy.
Students seeking undergraduate, masters or Phd degrees and conducting thesis study affiliated with Action For Cheetahs.
Student attachments are available for scholars in university programmes in conservation related departments requiring thesis projects. Scholar applications in research, community development, conservation management and environmental education and must fit within the objectives of Action For Cheetahs:
1) Identify factors affecting cheetah livestock predation and mitigate conflict,
2) Understand cheetah health and habitat selections, and
3) Influence public and administrative changes to positively affect cheetah conservation-management protocol.
Read more .… Academic Information
Support our work
ACK needs your help to support our scouts and the community so we can accomplish our goal of conservation of the cheetahs in Kenya. You can also purchase COOL Crafts online now.
With your help we can continue our research and conversation activities.
- Student/Teacher Activity Book - $10 each
- Plant 10 Trees - $20
- Support a School Visit - $30
- Field gear for Scouts - $50
- Sponsor Detection Dog - $100/month
- Sponsor Field Officer/month - $200/month
- Field Monitoring Equipment - $500